Use of hand pallet trucks
Hand Pallet trucks are designed to manoeuvre heavy loads in warehouses, distribution centres and on the rear of our vehicles. To operate a hand pallet truck, the employee uses force to move it and place the forks into the pallet or underneath the skid. The jack then elevates it off the floor to the proper height, and the operator moves it to the desired location. A pallet truck is efficient for loading and unloading a range of commodities and is particularly well suited for short distances and hard standing ground. The requirement to load and unload pallets securely in the workplace has been recognised since the nineteenth century. Hand Pallet Trucks have become more prevalent and efficient for workplace and factory for moving smaller and larger items from one spot to another with ease and stack items on top of one another.
Hand pallets are widely used in:
- Factory outlets
- Retail and wholesale stores
- Manufacturing units
Hand pallet trucks are the most widely utilised materials handling equipment in small workplaces and manufacturing industries when single pallets are carried over short distances. As previously stated, certain hand pallet trucks include inbuilt weighing scales and other attachments. These hand pallet trucks must be exceptionally powerful and functional since they are used in businesses that need heavyweight equipment, such as retail shops, food service industries, warehouses, and chemical factories. Hand pallet trucks are typically composed of stainless steel. However, some are galvanised to make them moisture resistant. These are also utilised in labs, clean rooms, and when working with acidic compounds.
Benefits of using Hand Pallet Trucks
- High efficiency: With the flexibility to transfer different weights, production and efficiency increase. Employees can save energy and reduce fatigue by using this machinery instead of transporting goods directly. Using a hand pallet truck saves time while loading and unloading and allows personnel to perform physically demanding activities.
- Use friendly: Hand pallet trucks are smaller than forklifts, and they can easily manoeuvre through tight places and corners. They are available in several styles, including various lengths and sizes, suitable for most sectors. A hand pallet truck can also transport practically any type of cargo, making it adaptable and perfect for various applications.
- Time and cost saving: Hand pallet trucks are a low-cost option for storage and transport operations. Compared to forklifts, this saves time and money over a long time due to a lower original cost and less continuing maintenance. Less maintenance equals less downtime, and the fact that they do not require fuel means they are less expensive to operate.
- Risk and injury free: Hand pallet trucks make heavy lifting safer and easier, lowering the number of injuries sustained by your employees. There will always be dangers despite comprehensive training and health and safety briefings on heavy manual lifting. Pallet trucks are an excellent investment if you often move big pallets and supplies, and they will help you save money on employee injuries.