What are the different types and styles of plastic pallets?
Heavy-duty and medium-duty plastic pallets, recycled plastic pallets, and sanitary plastic pallets are also available. There is always a pallet to suit your application because we carry plastic pallets that are lightweight, one-trip, nestable, and stackable.
Plastic Pallets have been categorized based on Weight, Structure, Surface, and Size.
Based on weight there are 3 types of plastic pallets:
- Light Duty Pallets or Cargo Plastic Pallets: Which are commonly used for one-time usage, as it is very cheap. As it is an economical one, this pallet is also used where lighter weighted materials are stacked.
- Medium Duty Pallets: These are the most commonly used pallets used in warehouses and inside the factories for storing and movement of raw materials and finished goods.
- Heavy Duty Pallets or Racking Pallets: Products with heavy weight and warehouses which uses more racking facility uses these kinds of pallets. These are more durable and customers who think of economical in long term use them choose heavy-duty pallets.
Based on the structure there are 4 types of plastic pallets:
- 9 Leg Pallets: These kinds of pallets are supported with 9 Legs, and usually comes as light-duty pallets
- 3 Runner Pallets: These pallets are supported with 3 skid runners below the pallets, which is easy for hand jack, forklift, and stacker usage.
- 5 Runner or 6 Runner Pallets: These pallets are supported with 5 Skids or 6 Skids runners. Stacker usage is not possible in this kind of pallet
- Reversible Plastic Pallets: Pallet with a double surface. Only forklift usage is possible in this pallet.
Based on the surface there are 3 types of plastic pallets:
- Ventilated Surface Pallets: The surface of the pallet is ventilated and will have air circulation.
- Flat Hygienic Pallet: The surface of the pallet is flat and smooth surfaces, usually used in food industries and pharmaceutical industries to meet stringent requirements. Not only the top surface but also the bottom and bottom of the leg is a flat surface and easy for cleaning and this is a contaminant-free pallet as there are no pockets or areas where dirt and dust can collect.
- Semi Hygienic Pallet: Top surface of the pallet is flat but the bottom is not, even the bottom of the leg is with holes.
Plastic pallets are available in various sizes, some common sizes are as follows:
- Standard Size: Standard size of a plastic pallet is 1200 x 1000 x 150 mm
- Euro Size: Euro Size is 1200 x 800 x 150 mm
- Display Pallet: For display in retail units and other places there are pallets and their regular size is 800 x 600 x 140 mm
Other sizes are:
- 1200 x 1200 x 150 mm, which is common in oil industries and can carry 4 drums on it.
- 1300 x 1100 x 150 mm
- 1100 x 1100 x 150 mm
- 1500 x 1300 x 150 mm
- 1200 x 900 x 150 mm
Apart from these sizes, various other sizes are also available and Crateco is specialized in sourcing those from different parts of the world with their immense knowledge in the industry and experienced staff.